Sioned's Photography Tips
- Get the family to walk around for more natural photographs. If there are young children, come down to their level to take the pictures.
- Make it an enjoyable experience so they forget they're having their photos taken!
- Look at the background – are there any telegraph poles or trees (make sure they don't appear to be coming out of someone's head!)
- Think of the position of the sun. Are you making people look directly into it? Are they struggling to keep their eyes open for a long time?
- Use the door frame of an outbuilding or shed in your photograph - It helps people relax and make them position themselves naturally. It also helps frame the photo!
- A simple trick is to think of triangles. Don't photograph faces in straight rows. Vary the heights of the faces to create more interest. The eyes tend to love angles!