For the liquid
- 6 Cups of boiling water
- 4 Cups of sugar
- 125ml of Apple Pectin
For the flowers
- 2 Cups of fuchsia flowers
- 2 Cups of sugar
- 1/2 Cup of lemon juice
- The first thing to do is to release the colour and flavours of the flowers by mixing them with sugar and lemon juice.
- Add sugar and apple pectin to boiling water before adding in the flower mixture.
- Boil the mixture for 30 minutes.
- The jelly is ready to bottle once a skin forms and it stays apart on a plate when you run your finger through it.
- After bottling, leave to set over night.