Y gynghrair yn ymateb i golli Llanelli

stebonheath_padlock640
Sgorio

Sgorio

Tuesday, 23 Apr 2013, 10:21

Sgorio asked officials, managers and players of the Welsh Premier League for their reaction to the news of Llanelli’s winidng up order in the High Court.

Five years after being crowned Welsh Premier League champions, the club were given a Compulsory Order because of debts of £21,000 to HMRC.

More > Llanelli lose their High Court battle

Former Llanelli player and member of that championship winning side, Wyn Thomas, now at Aberystwyth Town, was obviously disappointed.

“It’s a huge blow to the town,” he said. “We had a good side, we won everything, we were in Europe, but people didn’t come and watch us.”

Bangor City managewr, Neville Powell, suggested that as well as being a blow, losing Llanelli reflected badly on the league.

“For a club like Llanelli to go out of the league is a travesty,” he said.

“We’re trying to promote this league and the league’s got to look at it and say we want these clubs run right.”

More > Jeffrey unsure what future holds for Llanelli

And the Welsh Premier League’s representative on the Football Association of Wales, Port Talbot chairman, Andrew Edwards admitted the league’s clubs should see it as a warning.

“It’s a wake up call for the league,” he told Sgorio. “It’s previously happened at Neath. Rhyl have had their problems too but it’s great to see them back.

“Club officials and club chairmans have to sit dfown over the summer and make sure their club is sustainable.”