5 y pen

Sgorio pick the Welsh Cup 5-a-side team of the week.

Paul Harrison (The New Saints)
The New Saints booked their place in the Welsh Cup fourth round with a 3-0 away win against Newtown at Latham Park. The TNS captain made an impressive double-save in the first half to deny a Jamie Price free-kick. Another win for the cup holders mean that the Saints have now won 22 consecutive games this season, and Harrison’s contribution at the back, leading and directing his team has been vital in their success.

Kris Leek (Goytre)
The goal of the weekend came from Goytre captain Kris Leek who lobbed Dave Roberts from his own half at Parc Maesdu. Moments earlier, Llandudno striker Lewis Buckley had hit the post for the home side but seconds later Kris Leek produced a slice of magic from the centre circle to beat Dave Roberts and re-create Buckley’s goal against Airbus earlier this season. A fantastic effort from Goytre’s midfielder who now go on to face either Ton Pentre or Bangor in the next round.

Marcus Griffiths (Pen-y-bont)
There was also a shock at Parc Bryntirion on Saturday as Pen-y-bont knocked out last season’s runners-up, Airbus UK in an emphatic 4-1 home win for the Welsh League Division 1 side. Marcus Griffiths grabbed a clinical brace for Pen-y-bont who will travel to Bala Town for the fourth round hoping to create another upset.

Jamie Breese (Caernarfon)
The Cofi Army breezed past the Old Gold into the fourth round with a 3-1 win at the Oval on Saturday to book a place in the fourth round where they will face four time cup winners Rhyl FC. Striker Jamie Breese had a hand in all three goals, scoring twice and making one assist for the Canaries against the WPL outfit.

Les Davies (gap Connah’s Quay)
Les Davies was the hero at Deeside on Saturday completing a dramatic hat-trick in injury time to secure an unlikely win for the Nomads. Davies scored early in the second half, but Goytre United led 2-1 after 90 minutes with Connah’s Quay down to 10-men after the dismissal of Tom Field. But Les Davies, the three-time Welsh Cup winner had not given up hope and rose high to nod in the equaliser in the 91st minute and as the game was destined for extra time, Davies had other plans and headed in the winner in the 94th minute to complete a remarkable late come-back for Andy Morrison’s side.