Cegin Mr Henry
calendar Wednesday, 23 February 2022
- 6 carrots
- 1 swede
- 2 parsnips
- 1 onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 litres of water
- 150g-200g fresh or frozen cabbage
- 6- 8 small new potatoes
- salt and pepper to season.
- Cut and peel all the vegetables, carrots, swede and parsnips into chunks. Potatoes cut into quarters, and the onion diced. Thinly slice the cabbage if using a fresh one
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a saucepan, and add the onion, potatoes, swede, parsnip and carrot, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the bay leaf and salt and pepper.
- Add the stock cube and 1 litre of water.
- Add the cabbage.
- Cook for 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add additional water depending on how thick or thin you prefer the soup to be.
- Serve with fresh bread with some butter or cheese.
Recipe by Lloyd Henry (Cegin Mr Henry).
How to cook
Gofynnwn yn garedig i chi feddwl am yr amgylchedd cyn i chi brintio.
Please consider the environment before printing.