calendar Monday, 04 April 2022
Beef and vegetable stir fry noodles
- ½ tbsp oil – sesame or veg
- 150g 5% beef mince
- 3 cloves garlic
- 15g fresh ginger
- 3 spring onions
- 80g mange tout
- 1 green pepper
- 80g broccoli
- 1 tbsp low salt soy sauce
- 140g dried egg noodles
- 1 red chilli
- Prepare all your vegetables ahead of starting to cook, as the dish won't take long!
- If you have a wok, great – if not, then a large frying pan will be perfect.
- Chop up the garlic, ginger and 2 spring onions (keeping 1 for later), cut the green pepper into slices, and the broccoli into small florets.
- Leave the mange tout as they are, and finely chop half of the red chilli (removing any seeds if you don't like things too spicy, and keeping the other half for later).
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat the oil over a medium-high heat and add the meat to brown for a few minutes.
- Next add in the garlic, ginger, spring onion, mange tout, green pepper and broccoli, and stir fry with the beef for a few minutes.
- After this time, add in the cooked drained noodles and stir through.
- Finally add in the soy sauce and stir through.
- Serve immediately, dividing the stir fry between 2 plates.
- Decorate with the remaining chopped spring onion and chilli.
Recipe by Beca Lyne-Pirkis for FFIT Cymru.
For more from FFIT Cymru, head to ffit.cymru
Beca's Instagram: @becalynepirkis
FFIT Cymru's Instagram: @ffitcymru
How to cook