calendar Monday, 11 April 2022
1. To make the paste peel the garlic and ginger and roughly chop. Peel the outer skin of the lemon grass and chop. Cut the chilli in half, remove the seed and roughly chop. Place all the ingredients in a blender and add the zest of the lime and juice of half a lime and blitz until blended. Then add the oil, soy, sugar, coconut cream and roughly torn coriander leaves and stalks and blend again for a minute. Taste and add salt if required.
2. Cut the pak choi in half and wash well. Slice the spring onions.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C/180Fan/Gas 6
4. Cut 2 x 50cm squares of greaseproof paper or foil, fold in half and cut in a half moon shape and brush each side with some oil. Open up each half on a baking sheet and put half of the pak choi on one side of the paper, top with the fish and make a few slits with a sharp knife into the surface then rub the curry paste all over.
5. Scatter the spring onions and drizzle with a little more sesame oil.
6. Fold over the paper and working along the edges fold and seal the parcel then bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
7. Remove and serve immediately garnished with fresh coriander and a wedge of lime.
Recipe by Nerys Howell, originally featured on Prynhawn Da.