calendar Tuesday, 03 May 2022
Pecan and coffee flapjacks
- 275g butter
- 90g dark brown sugar
- 100g golden syrup
- 100ml of strong coffee
- 85g pecan nuts
- 350g oats
- 95g plain flour
For the icing:
- 80g butter
- 350g icing sugar
- 3 tbsp of strong coffee
- extra pecans to decorate
- Heat the oven to 160 fan/gas 4.
- Line a 20 x 25cm tin, lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter, coffee, dark brown, golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat.
- In a bowl place the oats and chopped pecans.
- Pour the liquid over the oars and mix well.
- Press into the tin and bake for 25 minutes. Leave to cool.
- To make the icing, melt the butter. In a bowl place the icing sugar then the coffee and melted butter.
- Place on top of the flapjack and decorate with pecans.
Recipe by Catrin Thomas, originally featured on Prynhawn Da.
How to cook