- 500ml cider vinegar
- 300g sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoons of yellow mustard seeds
- 6 black peppercorns
- 3cm of fresh ginger, pickled and sliced thinly
- Zest of 1 orange, peeled with a potato peeler
- 450g fresh rhubard, washed and sliced into 2cm length pieces
- In a medium saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seeds and peppercorns. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is just dissolved.
- Take off the heat, add the ginger and orange zest and allow the liquid to cool to room temperature.
- Divide the rhubard between 3 x 340g glass jars and ladle in the cooled pickling mixture. Top with the lids and refrigerate for 2 days before eating.