Meinir plants a few flowers in a shaded area of her garden. It doesn't matter what type of garden you have, or which way it faces, there's a plant out there for everyone!
- Lonicera periclymenum Belgica (in the shaded area)
- Lonicera periclymenum 'Rhubarb and Custard' (on the sunny wall)
- Clematis Alpina 'Frankie'
- Dianthus 'Mojito' : Bred by British breeder Whetman in 2015. This
plant has a scented, white single flower with a lovely lime green
eye. Flowering height 35cm / 12".
Dianthus love to be planted in free draining
alkaline soils in a nice sunny spot.
- Nemesia 'Aromatica White Improved'
- Lavandula angustifolia 'Hidcote' : Lavandula are small aromatic evergreen shrubs with
narrow flowers. This shrub is compact and evergreen, it grows to 45cm
tall. Highly fragrant and flowers mid to late summer.
- Centaurea montana 'Purple Heart'
- L. stoechas 'Lilac Wings' : French lavender with round flowerheads and upright
petals like butterfly wings. Looks wonderful planted in a sunny
border. The flowers are a magnet for bees and other nectar loving