- 500g broad beans
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 25ml water
- Cook the broad beans for about three minutes in boiling water.
and rinse under cold water.
- Slip off their skins.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying-pan and sauté the onion until
it is soft but not coloured.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further
- Add the skinned beans and warm through for about three
- Tip the contents of the pan into a food processor and add the lemon
juice and olive oil, then the water.
- Pulse to a rough purée.
- Add chopped mint or marjoram.
- Taste for seasoning and if necessary
add more lemon or olive oil.
For the mushrooms, Iwan cleans up the mushrooms with a brush before frying them in butter with some garlic.