In last weekend's action, the Ospreys claimed a narrow 12-10 victory against Scarlets at St Helens while the Dragons edged out Cardiff Blues 22-12 at Ystrad Mynach.

The Ospreys ran in two tries to hold off the very strong Scarlets team stacked with international talent.

The Scarlets took the lead with a very well taken penalty from Jodie Evans before Kerin Lake went over in the corner for the first try of the match. Lake had to leave the field with a suspected concussion as a result of her endeavours.

The Scarlets then went on the front foot and put together some excellent play to put the home team under pressure. Jess Kavanagh-Williams crossed the white wash and when Jodie Evans added the extras, the visitors had regained the lead with a 10-5 advantage.

With indiscipline reducing the Scarlets to 13 players, the Ospreys scored through hooker Carys Phillips and when Wilkins added the conversion, the Ospreys were able to go to the halftime break with their noses in front, 12-10.

Both sides threw everything into the second half but stern defence saw neither side able to break the shackles to ensure the Ospreys held out for a gutsy victory.

The Dragons were stunned when speedster Raf Taylor raced away against the run of play but regained their composure in the East Wales derby.

The Dragons hit straight back with a well worked try from centre Gemma Rowland, who converted her own try to give the Dragons a 7-5 lead.

The Blues then scored a try through young centre Claire Morgan who broke through the Dragons defence after good build up play. Rhiannon Parker converted the try to give the Blues a narfrow 12-7 lead at the interval.

The second half started with the Dragons scrum turning up the heat, but the forwards effort went unrewarded until the 50th minute. A line-out on the right hand side of the pitch was fed to the backs to spread the ball wide to Amberley Ruck who for the second regional game in a row produced a moment of brilliance with a flick-on pass over her head to Charlie Murray who sprinted in from 40 meters to level the score.

The Dragons forwards were rewarded for their hard work at set piece with a try of their own, replacement flanker Sarah Harper, who had made an impact since coming on, dived over from a driving line-out to give the Dragons a 17-12.

The next ten minutes saw possession flow between teams with both having opportunities to score. The Dragons secured the victory and bonus point with Murray, who has been in sparkling form, grabbing her second try of the afternoon to give the Dragons their 22-12 victory.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?