Lemon and Blueberry muffins
These are mouthwatering muffins, but will it be Ows or Leah's ones that are good enough to win?
BLUEBERRY AND LEMON MUFFINS
For the Streusel Layer
45g plain flour
2 tablespoons Demerara sugar
2 tbsp melted butter
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
A pinch of salt
For the Muffins
320g buttermilk (buttermilk)
70g melted butter
270g plain flour
135g refined sugar
65g soft brown sugar
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
Half lemon zest (zest)
150g frozen blueberries
1. Place the 12 muffin paper cases in the tin.
Add the melted butter, plain flour, cinnamon, salt, Demerara sugar.
Mix with a fork, until you have large crumbly pieces.
1. Mix the eggs, buttermilk, oil and melted butter together in one bowl.
2. In a different bowl, mix the plain flour, fine sugar, soft brown sugar, baking powder, lemon peel and frozen blueberries. Blend until everything is combined.
3. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture
4. Put the mixture into the muffin cases
5. Add the streusel layer on top of the muffin batter
6. Bake at 170C degrees for 35-40 minutes.