1. The following terms and conditions are relevant for every competition held across the S4C Services (each a Competition):
(the above are all referred to as the "Terms"). By taking part in a Competition you agree to be bound by all relevant Terms.
2. If there are differences between the S4C Standard Competition Terms and the Competition Notice, the terms of the Competition Notice will prevail.
3. Unless otherwise noted in the Competition Notice, Competitions are organised and promoted by S4C of Park Tŷ Glas, Llanishen, Cardiff, CF14 5DU ("S4C") and any queries or complaints about Competitions should be addressed to S4C Viewers' Hotline at 0370 600 4141 (calls cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number).
4. S4C reserves the right to alter or amend Competitions or the Terms (including eligibility requirements) at its sole discretion with or without prior notice (i) in the event of any occurrence outside S4C's reasonable control (ii) to ensure Competitions are run fairly and (iii) to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidance. Any cancellation or changes will be then be notified on the relevant Competition Notice.
5. In the case of any dispute regarding the Terms, the prize, the result or any other issue relating to a Competition, S4C's decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Notice, Competitions are open to all UK residents and aged 18 or over, except employees of S4C and any other individuals and companies directly involved with the Competition and their immediate families.
7. Additional eligibility requirements may be set out in the Competition Notice.
8. By entering a Competition you agree, confirm and warrant that:
9. S4C reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants to take part a Competition, including the right to request written proof of age of the winner. S4C may disqualify an entrant who refuses or does not supply such information on request and can disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Terms.
10. Where a Competition is open to all ages, individuals under 16 must have obtained parental consent to take part in the Competition and to receive the prize. S4C reserves the right to verify that such consent has been given before sending the prize to the winner.
11. In the event that a Competition winner is subsequently disqualified from a Competition for any reason, S4C, in its sole discretion, may award the prize to a runner up, selected in accordance with the Competition criteria.
12. You may only enter a Competition once unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice. Where it is apparent that an individual has entered a competition multiple times and only one entry is permitted under the Terms, only one of the entrant's entries will be counted in the Competition.
13. Where S4C discovers or has reasonable grounds to suspect that any entrant has used any software or automated process either to answer questions, enter the Competition or to make bulk entries, S4C may exclude such entries and disqualify the entrant from the Competition.
14. All entries must be received via the entry method noted in the relevant promotional material and messages for the Competition. Entries submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
15. Any charges associated with Competition entry methods will be specified in the Competition Notice. General internet connection charges, postage costs and television service provider charges will not be noted in the Competition Notice.
16. Proof of posting, telephone call, online posting or email cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. S4C takes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in any communication method used by entrants, entries that have not been received before the closing date or for the theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside S4C's control.
17. S4C does not accept responsibility for the safekeeping or return of any entries. You should ensure that you retain a copy of your entry for your own records.
18. If the selection of a winning entry is open to subjective interpretation, an independent judge, or a panel that includes one independent member will be appointed. In either case, the judge or panel member will be demonstrably independent from S4C, any competition intermediaries or from the pool of entrants from which the eventual winner is picked. Those appointed to act as judges or panel members will be competent to judge the Competition and their full names will be made available in the Competition Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) or panel shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
19. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice.
20. S4C will make arrangements with the winner for the winner to receive the prize. Prizes will ordinarily be sent via post. Proof of postage by S4C will constitute proof of delivery.
21. If arrangements for delivery or collection of the prize cannot be made following reasonable attempts by S4C to do so, S4C is entitled to give the prize to a runner up or to use the prize in any future promotion at its absolute discretion.
22. S4C reserves the right to publish the winner's name and county of residence on the S4C website for 21 days. This information will also be available following the closing date by telephoning the S4C Viewers' Hotline on 0370 600 4141 (calls cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number) or by writing to S4C, Park Ty Glas, Llanishen, Cardiff, CF14 5DU, noting the Competition you are enquiring after and including a self-addressed stamped envelope.
23. Prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred and there is no cash alternative. S4C reserves the right to substitute the prize or any part of it for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value and S4C's decision in this regard is final.
24. When you provide an address with your Competition entry, that address will be used to send out any prizes.
25. All taxes, insurances, travel arrangements, spending money and other costs and expenses (including food and personal expenses) are the sole responsibility of the winner unless otherwise stated in the Competition Notice.
26. S4C does not, unless noted in the Competition Notice, claim any rights of ownership in your entry. As such, you retain ownership of your entry and will be able to use it in any way you choose. S4C will be able to use your entry as set out in the Competition Notice. If S4C are intending to take ownership of your entry, this will be specified in the Competition Notice and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition.
27. S4C does not guarantee to use any entry. S4C may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to entries that it considers may be legally or otherwise problematic.
28. S4C excludes any liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant arising from his or her entry into the Competition, or occurring to the winner arising from their acceptance of the prize.
29. S4C is not responsible for any technical issues in relation to any telecommunications or internet network (including in relation to speed or bandwidth), including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in a Competition.
30. When competitions are run by S4C using Facebook and/or Instagram, entrants acknowledge that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook and/or Instagram and entrants release Facebook and/or Instagram from any liability arising in connection with them taking part in the competition.
32. S4C may retain data relating to the entrants for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist S4C in dealing with any queries.
33. All Competitions and the Terms are subject to the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.