calendar Thursday, 16 September 2021
- 175g butter
- 330g porridge oats (if you're gluten free, it's possible to swap oats for gluten free oats)
- 125g soft light brown sugar
- 55g golden syrup / honey
- 70g raisins / apricots / dates / sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°c
- Put the butter, syrup and sugar into a saucepan.
- Heat over a low heat for 2-3 mins and stir until melted.
- Add the porridge oats and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a flat-bottomed tin and press down using a spatula.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden but still soft.
- Remove from the oven and cool for ten minutes then cut into squares and allow to cool in the tin.
- Carefully remove from the tin and store in an airtight container
Recipe by Lisa Fearn, originally featured on Prynhawn Da.
How to cook