calendar Tuesday, 18 January 2022
Vegan banana pancakes
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 very ripe bananas - mashed
- 1 cup self raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs poppy seeds
- fresh pineapple slices
- vegan coconut yogurt
- Mash the banana on a plate.
- Place the flour and baking powder in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Make a well in the centre and gradually whisk in the milk.
- Add the mashed banana.
- Add 2 Tbsn poppy seeds and mix well.
- The batter should be a thick, droppable consistency.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add 2 tbsp of the batter to make American-style pancakes.
- You will be able to make about 4-5 at a time.
- Fry on each side for 2-3 mins until golden.
- Serve with vegan yogurt, caramelised pineapple and banana slices and coconut.
Recipe by Lisa Fearn, originally featured on Prynhawn Da.
How to cook