calendar Monday, 04 April 2022
Swedish meatballs, potatoes & greens
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or grated
- 175g lean pork mince
- 1 egg yolk
- Small bunch fresh dill, finely chopped
- 350ml chicken stock
- 1 heaped tsp dijon mustard
- 80g fat free plain yogurt
- 250g new potatoes
- 180g spring greens
- In a bowl, mix together the spring onions, garlic, pork mince, egg yolk, chopped dill and some seasoning.
- Divide the mixture into 12 meatballs. Heat the oil in a medium pan, and brown the meatballs all over, turning carefully until cooked.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan and add in the stock, bring to a boil before reducing to a simmer.
- Stir through the dijon mustard and yogurt - taste to check seasoning then return the meatballs to keep warm.
- In the meantime, boil the new potatoes until soft and in a separate pan, cook the greens for a couple of minutes.
- To serve, divide the potatoes, greens and meatballs between 2 plates, and spoon over the sauce.
Recipe by Beca Lyne-Pirkis for FFIT Cymru.
For more from FFIT Cymru, head to ffit.cymru
Beca's Instagram: @becalynepirkis
FFIT Cymru's Instagram: @ffitcymru
How to cook