calendar Friday, 22 April 2022
- 1 x 500 g block of ready-made puff pastry
- 4 teaspoons pesto or soft cream cheese
- 1 handful of ripe cherry tomatoes
- 8 asparagus spears
- 1 large courgette
- jar roasted peppers
- ½ a bunch of fresh basil
- olive oil
- 8 black olives , optional
- 1 x 100 g ball mozzarella
- parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
- Dust some flour onto a clean work surface and, using a rolling pin, roll out the pastry into
- a square, measuring 26cm x 26cm. Cut into 4 0r 6 equal squares.
- Place the pastry squares on a baking tray, leaving a space between each.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the centre of each square with pesto.
- Slice the tomatoes, snap the asparagus spears into 3cm pieces.
- Carefully shred the courgettes into ribbons using a peeler
- Tear the roasted peppers into strips
- Pick the large basil leaves
- Mix the vegetables together in a bowl, with a little oil.
- Pile a little of the mixture on each pesto-smeared tart and top with two olives
- Break up the mozzarella and place little bits on top of each tart – this will make it gooey like a pizza. Grate over some Parmesan for a more cheese flavour
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the pastry is golden
- Once the tarts are ready, allow to cool slightly. Sprinkle with the pretty basil leaves and serve with a nice salad for lunch.
Recipe by Lisa Fearn, originally featured on Prynhawn Da.
How to cook