Christmas Welsh Cakes
- 250g Self raising flour
- 125g butter
- A pinch of salt
- 75g Sugar
- 100g Hazelnuts
- 100g Dried cranberries
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 Egg
- Icing Sugar
- Fresh cranberries
- Mix the flour with the butter, the salt, sugar, hazelnuts, cranberries and the orange zest.
- Crumble the mixture together.
- Beat an egg and add to the mixture.
- Use some milk to help form the dough if needed.
- Roll the dough and cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Place on a hot baking stone and cook for 1 - 1 /2 minutes on each side.
- Finish off by dusting them in icing sugar and served with fresh cranberries and rosemary.