Luxurious and tasty shortbread is on the menu this week, but who will be the best baker?
225g soft butter
125g caster sugar
1 teaspoon salt
340g plain flour
FOR THE CARAMEL
(397g) condensed milk
25g caster sugar
75g Gold syrup (or corn syrup)
300g milk chocolate
300g white chocolate
1. Preheat your oven to 180C / 160C fan, and line an 8 inch deep square tin with baking paper.
2. Cream the sugar and butter together in a blender with the paddle attachment until smooth - mix the flour until dough is formed. It will be crumbly but the ingredients will be evenly spread!
3. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the tin and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes
4. Once baked, remove from oven and leave to the side. In a large saucepan pour the condensed milk, butter, sugar, and golden syrup and melt on medium heat until the sugar has melted - stir frequently to prevent anything from catching.
5. Once the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat to high and allow the mixture to boil and boil for 5-7 minutes. BE CAREFUL as the mixture is VERY hot and can burn you if it splashes!
6. The mixture will be ready when it has changed to a slightly darker golden color and thickened.
7. Pour the caramel on top of the shortbread biscuit in the tin, and leave to set for an hour in the fridge.
8. Once set, melt the milk chocolate and pour over the caramel - melt the white chocolate and pour over it too - swirl it with the milk chocolate with a cake skewer head so that it forms a nice pattern.
9. Cool the Shortbread back in the fridge for another 1-2 hours until the Chocolate has hardened