Cegin Mr Henry
calendar Tuesday, 22 February 2022
Leek and potato soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ potato, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and diced
- 1 leek, diced
- ½ a diced onion
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 55ml double cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the potato, onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, to soften.
- Add the leeks and cook for a further few minutes.
- Stir in the stock and cream then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Using a hand blender, blend the soup until smooth and season to taste.
Recipe by Lloyd Henry (Cegin Mr Henry).
How to cook
Gofynnwn yn garedig i chi feddwl am yr amgylchedd cyn i chi brintio.
Please consider the environment before printing.