calendar Monday, 11 April 2022
- 250g raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarb powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 100g salty butter
- 100g golden syrup
- 100g treacle
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 50g ginger in syrup
- 2 medium eggs
- 200ml milk
- 100g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp ginger syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° c | 160 ° c fan | Gas 4.
- Grease a 20cm square tin lined with greaseproof paper
- In the process of eating the flour, spices, bicarb and butter until breadcrumbs.
- Put the syrup and treacle in a saucepan with the sugar and sunshine. Heat until the sugar has dissolved then achieve the flour and butter rotafa.
- Turn it into the cake tin and cook for about 40-45 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before the cake is ready, place the sugar icing in a bowl with 2 strings of boiling water and the sunflower syrup and stir well.
- Remove the cake from the oven, allow to cool for about 10 minutes or poke holes all the way over the surface and with the spoon in the syrup icing over the surface.
- You can eat cold or hot as a dessert.
Recipe by Elwen Roberts / Hybu Cig Cymru, originally appeared on Prynhawn Da.
How to cook