calendar Thursday, 02 December 2021
Lamb mutton kebab
- caraway seeds
- fennel seeds
- coriander seeds
- cumin seeds
- bird's eye chillies
- bay leaves
- olive oil
- dough (water, flour, salt, yeast)
- red pepper
- white wine vinegar
- red wine vinegar
- Toast the caraway seeds, Fennel, Coriander seeds, cumin seed and bird's eye chillies until they pop like popcorn.
- Grind bay leaves with pestle & Mortar with some salt and spices before adding olive oil.
- Massage the marinade into the meat.
Flatbread (Make the dough the day before):
- Mix the flour with water, flour salt and yeast. Let this rest overnight.
- Shape and flatten the dough before placing in on the fire. Once is starts to bubble, it's ready to flip over.
The Kebab and Extras:
- Charr some peppers and chillies before chopping them up and mix in a bowl with olive oil and mint.
- Pickle some chillies with white wine vinegar and sugar and mix in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cut the shallots, add some olive oil, red wine vinegar and mix.
- For that 'crunch', thinly slice red cabbage before you put the meat on the fire.
- To keep the meat juicy, baste it with a rosemary brush covered in butter and some of the left over marinade.
- Cook the kebabs on the fire until they're cooked through.
- When the meat is ready, serve everything on a plate and tuck in.
Originally featured on Bwyd Epic Chris.
Recipe by Chris Roberts.
How to cook