calendar Thursday, 02 December 2021
Cacio e pepe
- a wheel of aged Teifi cheese
- '00' flour (100g for every one egg)
- whiskey (Aber Falls Distillery)
The dough for the pasta
- Start off by making the pasta with 00 flour. In a bowl, form a well in the middle of the flour and add the eggs.
- You need one egg per 100g of flour.
- Mix with a fork first before using your hands to bring the dough together. Knead it until it looks like Play-doh before wrapping it in clingfilm and leaving it to chill.
- Carve enough cheese to add to the pasta sauce later on. If you have a wheel of cheese, carve the top of the wheel of cheese and use this as a bowl.
- Fill a saucepan with water, put on the fire and bring to the boil
- Once the dough has chilled, but it in to smaller pieces before pressing it down and putting it through the pasta maker.
- Place the pasta in the saucepan of boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. (If using dry pasta, cook for 9-11 minutes.)
- To make this dish next-level, in a small saucepan, flambé a little Aber Falls Whiskey by using a blow torch before pouring it into the cheese bowl.
- Add the pasta and some of the starchy water which will melt the cheese.
- Give the pasta a stir before adding some crushed peppercorns and it's ready. Cheers!
Originally featured on Bwyd Epic Chris.
Recipe by Chris Roberts.
How to cook
Gofynnwn yn garedig i chi feddwl am yr amgylchedd cyn i chi brintio.
Please consider the environment before printing.