Chocolate Chip Cookies
A classic biscuit... but who will make the best one?
190g hard butter
135g refined sugar
135g light brown sugar
100g white chocolate pieces
100g milk chocolate pieces
100g chocolate biscuits
420g plain flour
10g baking powder
1 tsp salt
1. Place a spoonful of Nutella on a cooking tray so that there are 12 blobs on the tray. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
2. Mix the cold butter (* important - not at room temperature) with the fine sugar + brown sugar. This will be bumpy and that's fine.
3. Add the chocolate pieces.
4. Add the crushed biscuits. Blend until it looks like wet sand. The dough should be like playdough.
5. Add the flour, baking powder and salt.
6. Beat the two eggs and then add to the mixture.
7. Form the dough into 12 balls, weigh each pellet to 100g
8. Extract the Nutella tray from the freezer, and one at a time, make a hole / dip in each ball of dough with a teaspoon.
9. Place one ball of frozen Nutella in the center of each dough, cover the chocolate with the dough.
10. Place the 12 pellets on a tray and freeze in the freezer for 1 hour.
11. Preheat the oven to 180C. Put four balls on a tray, no more because they are scattered. Bake for 15 minutes.